Texas Hunt Lodge
Africa Hunt Lodge
Exotic Hunting Blog
Louisville - Friday Night
Friends and their Kids
Devine Night Out
Day to Day
March 2009 Entries
March 30, 2009
Some Great news!!!...
Joanie and I are expecting our first child!
I told her that I was very excited and all is good as long as it's a BOY. If not, well, shit's gonna hit the fan.
She's only about 6 weeks along I think...so, we're expecting some time around Thanksgiving, end of November. All the folks are excited...this kid will be #89 or #90 of the Pruitt Clan going back to my Grand-mother and Grandpa (my mom's side of the family - 1 of 10 Kids), and the first Grand-child for
both mine and Joanie's folks.
So, Joanie started eating healthier and obviously quit drinking alcohol. Not me though...the days have been too nice to not have a beer with the guys at the Dam Store after work. We have had to put off our vacation plans for the summer though in order to save up for the kid. So, more work, and less play in the coming year it seems.
We already have the boy named, which I'm sure we'll announce later once things proceed with the pregnancy. She is due back at the doctor in a week for her first Ultrasound. I'll be in Augusta unfortunately working Masters Badges for our Sports travel company.
And regarding the "as long as it's a boy", I'm just kidding. Well, sort of.
March 19, 2009
Well, we've finished up the busiest week in Texas Hunt Lodge history lately. We had clients take around 20 animals in the past 7-8 days. In addition, I took a beautiful Gold Medal Axis yesterday morning myself. He measured 31-32 inch main beams and is still in full velvet...very awesome animal.
Over the past week, I've
1) had a client propose to his girlfriend by having me tie a ribbon and engagement ring on to a Ram which she just shot,
2) shot video of a client busting a Buffalo with a Bow (very cool)
3) Shot, cleaned and processed a 275lb Hog in the middle of a thunderstorm
4) Bought a ton of Masters Badges due to really cheap prices and hoping it spikes in the next 2 weeks
5) Poured a concrete slab with my Dad for my new skinning station at the Hunt Lodge
6) Had my Welder build a 10X10 skinning station for my new slab, as well as build a new 16 ft Buffalo skinning trailer with Gin poles and winch
7) Found a massive sink hole on a secluded ranch which would be very convenient to bury someone
8) Shot my dream Axis Buck which will be added to my collection at the Hunt Lodge
9) Won/Bought a hunting safari to South Africa at a live auction
10) Signed up for the Texas Trophy Hunters Extravaganza Shows this summer in SA, Houston, and Fort Worth to showcase THL
March 3, 2009
I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to write, hunt, or do much too exciting lately. I think I have food poisoning right now...I've been sick ever since Friday night. Saturday was really bad...couldn't move the entire day...my body hurt so bad.
Joanie's folks were in town too, so she got to entertain them without me this past weekend.
We did go out to visit Uncle Jack on Sunday, and they got to witness Trouble the Tree Climbing Dog. Yes, the dog is about 30 feet up in that tree.
Business is about to take off for the Hunt Lodge...we only have 4 days off in March, and two of those days are tomorrow and Thursday. We will host over 20 hunters this month at the Hunt Lodge...shooting everything from Trophy Sable, Axis in Velvet, Blackbuck, Texas Dall Sheep and Turkey.
I'm heading to Augusta for the Masters again this year...the prices of Masters Badges and tickets is the lowest it's been in 10 years. The economy has definitely taken it's toll on this event this year. You can buy single day Masters badges right now for $550 per day...last year, you couldn't buy a Wednesday Practice round ticket for the price.
The prices don't mean much to me...you can make the same amount of money when the prices are this low and when they're sky high...it's just margins.
Cell Phone Pics
Viola Hook Em
Rose Bowl 2010
Zurich Fan Zone
Smallest Car Ever
Front Porch - Terlingua
Cool & the Gang
Edison in LA
New Work Computer
Vegas - Pure
Stones @ Zilker Park
Austin Business Awards
TX vs Ohio State
My 4 Wheeler
3 yr old
Jesus is Watching
Best Buy Boy
Dick in a Box
Axis Deer Hunts
Texas Whitetail Hunts
Exotic Hunts in Texas
Red Stag Hunts
Texas Elk Hunts
Axis Doe Hunts